Sponsor a Child Today!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let's Bite Back!


Through working with Compassion, we have learned that malaria is the #1 killer among children in Africa. Almost every 30 seconds, a child dies from malaria, a totally preventable disease. I look at my children, and can't imagine if we happened to live in another part of the world, what devastation we would face. In our family, we have asked ourselves what we can do to make a difference? We can't pretend these children don't exist. We have to do something! And the Gospel of Jesus Christ compels us. So here we are, finding ways for us all to make a difference in the malaria epidimic. You can be apart of this!
It only takes $10 to Bite Back to provide a net for children to sleep under, malaria education, and life saving malaria medications if they do contract malaria.
You can donate to our Bite Back fundraising efforts at www.firstgiving.com/thebacaks
Donating to Bite Back through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support our fundraising efforts. Go to www.biteback.net and learn more about what Compassion is doing!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey Jennifer,

You probably don't know me, but my husband and I go to LHBC. I saw your post on Heather's blog about ordering the Dark Side of Chocolate video. We would like to see the video and I was also wondering if I could let my hope group know that you are offering to share it? Also, I've heard they sell fair trade chocolate at HEB but I will be going up there to confirm it soon.

Monica