Sponsor a Child Today!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ladybug Larvae! by Emma Bacak

I got ladybug larvae right. Now they are pupa. Now three of those pupa are ladybugs. Maybe in the spring, I might have ladybugs and all of them might be ladybugs. Daddy says they eat raisins. Soak the raisins for 5 minutes and cut them in half. Ladybugs like to eat bugs that live in flowers in the spring. In the spring, we'll get those bugs, and feed them to the ladybugs. We won't need a jacket when we catch them because it will be spring.
I was so excited when I saw this morning I have THREE ladybugs! Maybe someday, all my pupa will be ladybugs. One time, when they were just little babies, they runned and climbed way up to the glass. Can you believe that? But now they're not babies. But I still love them as ladybugs. I might have to keep them until the spring when they can look for food. These ladybugs are not eating the raisins right now or yesterday! I have to find those bugs, so they eat faster. But there's one little thing Daddy told me...catepillars are larvae for butterflies! And people, they're kind of like cocoons. I love this. I hope they all turn to ladybugs. I think each day, one by one, they'll turn ladybugs. Let's best see. Oh, but one thing...they're yellow. Not red. That's all.
Emma

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Emma

I love ladybugs. Thank you for sharing all that you know about them. That will be fun for you in the spring, especially since it will be warm.

Ms. Kathryn

Amanda said...

Yea for ladybugs Emma! Maybe you should read them your ladybug book to inspire them to become great ladybugs someday!

D. Bacak fam said...

Emma -

We are so excited that you are enjoying the LadyBug farm we got you for Christmas! Can't wait to come see your new pets.

Uncle D and Aunt Shelby