Sponsor a Child Today!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Emma's Prayer

Emma has been asking tons of questions about Jesus' return lately.
Yesterday, when the sky got a little dark and a wind was blowing, she came in with the urgent question: "Mom, what's going to happen when Jesus comes back?"
Okay, sure. I'll sum up Revelation in a moment. Oh wait, I don't understand Revelation. That won't work.
So what did we do? We tried to call her Daddy. He didn't answer. (He was in the hospital.)
So we called Pop-Pop. He has a Doctorate in Theology. That will work!
He referred her to Matthew 24. We read it this morning.
This was her precious prayer this morning.

"Jesus, please make us ready for when you come back. And please, please, please come back soon...like maybe later this week."

I love that! There's nothing better than hearing them pray.

3 comments:

Cindy Seay said...

She is praying the prayer we all need to be praying. She is amazing. I love being challenged by my grandchildren!
mom

The Arguellos said...

That's so beautiful!!! What simple faith and great love for Jesus! Something for me to think about today!

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

No wonder He tells us we have to have the faith of little children!!

Oh, sweet Emma. I bet that prayer made Him so happy.