Sponsor a Child Today!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kung Fu Awesome


I have not blogged in forever. Not because I haven't wanted to.
My blog's been calling my name. There have been many times I have been
on vacation the last few weeks, and I've been blogging in my mind,
hundreds of miles away from my computer.
Instance #1- When I was in Hot Springs Arkansas, at a "swimming hole"
that was adjacent to a trailer park...IN ARKANSAS. The Arkansas stereotypes
were completely fulfilled, and then some, and I was just blogging away in my mind,
sitting on the shore of the lake, filtering cigarette butts out of the sand
for my kids to dig in. Where was my computer then?
There is much to catch up on, and at least two slide shows to make:
1. Camp Ozark
2. Seay Family vacation in Galveston
But tonight, all I am here to tell you is that Kung Fu Panda was awesome.
Jack Black is the best. The absolute funniest guy ever.
My favorite quote of the whole movie was in the first 30 seconds.
"There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness."
It was great. Granted I missed bits and pieces so I could take my three-year-old
out to spank him, and I was tag-teaming with Rusty taking my one-year-old out
who is, for some reason, totally opposed to movies.
But it was great. Worth the dent in your budget to take the kids.
Slide Shows to come...I promise, even though it takes me three weeks to make them.
I will get it done after I catch up on my life, 3,000 e-mails, about 6 loads of
laundry, a white board full of to-dos, etc.
I'm glad to be home!

*Emma started her own blog tonight and she wrote about Kung Fu Panda also. (We haven't ironed out all the kinks yet, but it's a blog in progress.) Check it out and give her a comment! www.emmasblogging.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We saw this last weekend and LOVED it also!!! SO funny :) Long live the Wuxi finger hold! My favorite quote: "Wait, wait, my fault! I tweaked his facial nerves! And may have also stopped his heart."