Sponsor a Child Today!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Recipes: Peaches n' Cream Pie/ Manicotti


Here are some special recipes from this week.
First, we had an Olympic Party last night. I made a Peaches n' Cream Pie (because I wanted to be American, but I like this better than apple pie), and I made the Olympic rings out of extra pie crust on the top and carved USA in it. Fun! I love making fun things on the top of my pies with cookie cutters, etc.
(I can feel Heather making fun of me right now.)
We watched the Olympics together. Is anyone else loving this? But Rusty really takes issue with the syncronized Men's diving. He wasn't sure he wanted our boys watching that. (ha!) The gymnastics is our favorite.
The kids thought it was hilarious that those people were swimming in their "chonedogs" as brief underwear are called at our house. (Thanks to Landon Carl!)No Olympic Party is complete without a group of mini-Olympic athletes flipping around the living room. How many people sign their kids up for gymnastics after the Olympics air? I bet gyms love the Olympics for this reason!

Make a Peaches n' Cream Pie and ice cream! You won't regret it. And it's super fast and easy!
2 Pilsbury pie crust
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c flour
1 bag of frozen peaches
1 c heavy cream
a sprinkle of sugar on top

Fill a pie crust with the frozen peaches. Mix together the flour and sugar and sprinkle in the pie shell, distributing it well.
Fill the pie with the heavy cream.
Cover with the other pie crust, press to seal.
Sprinkle a little sugar on top and bake at 350 for about an hour. (You may want to protect your crust with some foil. I have a super awesome pie crust shield that I use. I love it!)
Serve with ice cream, of course. It's our favorite pie!

Tonight's dinner is definitely worth sharing!
Special Cheese Manicotti:
8 oz. package manicotti shells
2 c shredded mozzarella
+1/2 c more shredded mozzarella
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
3 T minced fresh parsley (I used less of what I had of dried parsley)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1 egg slightly beaten
3/4 c sour cream
1/3 c Italian dressing
1/2 c shredded zucchini
a jar of Spaghetti Sauce

Cook manicotti shells and rinse in cold water. Don't over cook!
In a large bowl, combine the 2 c mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and all other ingredients through zucchini.
Very carefully fill the shells using a baby spoon. Then pour spaghetti sauce and the 1/2 c shredded mozzarella on top and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
I served with a great salad!
This is awesome!
Hope y'all enjoy these.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds DELICIOUS! I can't wait to try it! By the way, tonight we are having pot pie...it smells great:). Wish I could share it with you! THanks for posting your recipes for us newlyweds:) We (or at least me) need all the help we can get!

bekah said...

I LOVE the Olympics too!!

Those athletes are so amazing, and I cannot imagine how many people are in line at powersports tomorrow.

This Pie is AMAZING.
I have tasted and I know.
Everything Jenn makes is very yummy, but this is exceptional.
You cannot buy this kind of goodness in stores.
Really.
And then I made one myself and it was yummy too. But its really heavy, so maybe skip dinner and go straight for dessert. Its totally worth it. And it has fruit... j/k.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I can't wait to try the pie...I am really not a baker but it sounds easy enough!
PS The dressing is SUPER YUMMY! Lex was eating what would not fit in the container with his fingers..YUM

Hendrick Family said...

Yes...I am rolling my eyes at you, but would SERIOUSLY eat your yummy pie.

Heather

jana said...

I'm always looking for new different recipes to try. Can't wait to try both of these.