Sponsor a Child Today!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Remembering


Today we remember Earl Martin Seay.
This is my Dad's Dad. He's actually an Aggie! If you're a frequent visitor in the Bacak living room, you may have seen our framed newspaper story about him.
My Dad didn't know his Dad. He fought in WWII and then lost his life in Korea. My Dad was just six weeks old. His sacrifice is still felt, generations down the family line, and is not forgotten.
Despite the tragedy of my Dad's parents' death (my Dad lost his Mom when he was young as well; she served as a nurse in the service) God provided for my Dad generously. He was raised by a hard-working Grandpa and Godly, homemaking grandmother. Their imprint is forever left on who he is.
We are thankful today for all of those who have defended our freedom. Our pastor challenged us this weekend not to take for granted our freedoms, especially to worship freely. Week after week, we pray for the persecuted church around the world. That has made us more mindful of the value of this freedom.
We are so thankful!

No comments: