Sponsor a Child Today!

Monday, February 02, 2009

Welcome Babies!!!



Two of my favorite girls in the world gave birth to their beautiful babies less than 24 hours apart. Both ended up needing C-Sections. Both boys.
It was only fitting. They told me they were pregnant in just the same fashion.
These girls...I LOVE! They are precious to this family!
How did this happen? One minute these girls are bouncing through my home, full-fledged college students, my mentee for Her Hands, in my Countdown class, and the next, they're married and having babies. It happens fast! And these are not my first precious girls to have babies. Jodi has Wyatt and Carissa has Eden. They are multiplying quickly! Way to go guys!
Adam and Emily Williams, now residents of Albuquerque, NM, where Adam is like Jack Bauer for the government, we suspect...he can't really tell us...and Emily has been making a home and substitute teaching, now have Josiah David Williams! She tells me he has a head full of hair, although, he didn't come out in dreads, like his Dad wears, as we hoped. Someday.
Matt and Erin Mosier, Treston's Godparents and dear friends here in College Station, gave birth to Cade Matthew, with a cute button nose like his Mom's. Seeing Matt present him through the nursery window with the paparazzi (20+ of us awaiting a glimpse of him) was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I took a snapshot of him in my mind. It was precious.
I love these families. They are beginning a sacred task. They are raising children to know and fear the Lord. They are embarking on the journey that will last us a lifetime of loving our children.
Malachi 2 talks about the sacred covenant of marriage, and in verse 15 says "Didn't the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union." (this is an amazing chapter so read it fully!)
I pray Godly children, starting with Josiah and Cade, will continue to come from these sacred unions.
Adam and Matt, these boys are blessed to have fathers who will so willingly lead them to Christ! Emily and Erin, motherhood suits you beautifully.
I love you guys!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

yay beautiful babies!!