Sponsor a Child Today!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Meet Treston...



The Bacak house is never boring. God always has something new for us.

Meet our something new...Treston.

New Life, our wonderful adoption agency, called us last Wednesday asking us to pray about this baby. They needed a new foster home for him, and quickly.We were not looking to foster, but these women don't do anything randomly. They pray, pray again, and then fast. And then they pray some more. They felt the Lord gave them our name to call about this baby. So I called Rusty, and we started praying. We prayed from Wednesday until Sunday, and I waited on my amazing husband to hear from the Lord. I cannot tell you how peaceful it is for a wife who knows her husband listens to the Lord.

On Sunday, the sermon was God's provision for us. It was about worry and Phil. 4:6-7. Our worry over whether or not we can do this...our fear about what will happen...all of it is sin. All we needed to ask the Lord was "Are we supposed to do this?" And his answer was Yes. Rusty let me know on the way home from church that we were definitely supposed to do this.

We are so excited!!! Look at this cute baby!!! I am totally impatient to have him here now. We have no idea what the future holds for him, and we can't answer many of your questions about his story, but we would appreciate your prayers for him. Nothing has been easy for him in his little life, and he is also sick right now, possibly with RSV. Thanks to so many of you who have instead of looking at me like I'm crazy when I have told you this, have responded with excitement and "how can I help?" You're amazing!

We love you, and can't wait to introduce you to Treston.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet little Treston! Please let me know if I can help you in anyway possible. Your family is so amazing! You are such an amazing mother and I hope that one day I can be a great mommy just like you!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

He is so precious and I am so glad that you are faithful to listen to the Lord and be obedient.

I know He will bless this and I look forward to watching what He has in store for your family.

Praying for you!!

Katy said...

OH boy!! I can't wait to see that sweet little smile. He is so adorable!!! Seriously, I'm with Erin, let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! I can't wait to hold him. :)

Karen said...

Jenn this is so exciting. I right there with the other girls, if you need anything dont hesitate to ask! I cant wait to meet this little guy!

Anonymous said...

He's seriously SO cute! Look at that smile! Wow, Taylor has ANOTHER boy friend! Ya'll can come to our playdates!!! Yay!