Sponsor a Child Today!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Recipe of the Week!

I think this is one of the best recipes I have! I get asked for it frequently. I didn't like chicken pot pie before this. That frozen blob you buy at the store and cook is nothing like this! You can use the bag of frozen mixed vegetables, but...don't!!! The fresh vegetables, green chiles, and sour cream make this recipe different and AWESOME!
Chicken Pot Pie
1/2 c chopped onion
4 T butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c sour cream
2 c cooked chicken
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/2 c chopped butternut squash
1/2 c chopped broccoli OR 1/2 a bag of frozen peas
4 oz. can chopped green chiles
1/2 t pepper
1 box Pillsbury ready made pie crust
Saute onion and all fresh vegetables in the butter in a skillet until tender. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the pie crust. Pour the filling into the pie crust and cover with second crust. Make a cute design if you like. I love to do that! I made this tonight, and I cut leaf prints out on the top crust.
Bake for 30-45 min. at 375 degrees. Keep an eye on your crust so it doesn't burn. I use a pie crust halo to protect it.
Serve with grated cheddar cheese on top!

1 comment:

Hendrick Family said...

I'm making this right now...and I'm NOT using ANY measuring devices.

Am I making you nervous?

Huh?