Sponsor a Child Today!

Friday, January 09, 2009

Today is the Day


Today is the day my brother, Brian, his wife Amy, and their four kids get on a plane. They will begin their long journey to Ethiopia. I can't imagine being patient enough to be on a plane this long, so I'm praying for my nieces and nephews! (Brian does this all the time, he's a pro.)
Sunday they will come face to face with Yeneneh and Sosy. From what we hear, Sosy has been starting her sentences this week with "When my Mommy comes..." or "When is my white Mommy coming to bring me chocolate?" (Amy packed the chocolate then!)
This is unknown territory for everyone. It's climactic. It's the beginning of a new life, for Yeneneh and Sosy, and for the Seay family. It's scary. It's beautiful.
Would you cover them in prayer with me? As Brian said, he feels sometimes like they're adopting mountains of paperwork. There are so many details that have to fall into place. There appear to be some delays on the Ethiopia side of things, and this could delay their stay. That would cost a ton of money! We need to pray everything happens right on time!
And pray for the hearts of the two new Seay kids. I can't imagine what this will be like. They will be learning English. They will have parents, four siblings, and they will have to adjust to American culture. (From what we hear, they think America means everyone has an ipod and they will get one.) God is doing big things through this adoption, things we can't even articulate yet. Be in prayer please!
Homecoming pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

The Mosiers said...

So exciting! I am praying!! Can't wait to see the homecoming pictures.