Sponsor a Child Today!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Start using OFF instead of perfume


This is Heather posting for the Bacaks...

They just called and wanted to update the West Nile post (see below).

Rusty's patient DOES have West Nile!

They will give details later. Besides being in awe of this whakiness, I think we are supposed to pray for the West Nile Person as well....

And personally, I think we should all start wearing these...


I'm not sure what is cooler...the hat, or the shirt that ties. That's a hard call to make.

OK: THIS IS RUSTY
WEST NILE IS REAL AND REALLY SCARY, BUT REALLY RARE. LIKLEY 1 IN 100 OR LESS MOSQUITOS (MOSQUITOES?) CARRY THIS VIRUS AND THERE IS LIKE A 1 IN 10 CHANCE THAT THE VIRUS WILL PASS WITH EACH BITE OF AN INFECTED MOSQUITO AND ONLY 1 IN 100 OF PEOPLE INFECTED BY THE BITE WILL ACTUALLY GET A SINGLE SYMPTOM. THERE IS A LOT HIGHER CHANCE OF YOU GETTING IN A CAR RECK TOMORROW THAN GETTING INFECTED. TO THIS DATE THERE HAS BEEN ONLY ONE CONFIRMED CASE OF HUMAN WNV IN THE BRAZOS COUNTY - MY PATIENT! SO DON'T PANIC OR LOCK YOURSELVES UP - BUT JUST LIKE YOU WOULD BUCKLE UP IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT, WEAR MOSQUITO SPRAY AND KEEP INDOORS TOWARDS DUSK.
OK - YOU ARE NOW WONDERING IF THE HEADACHE YOU HAVE COULD BE RELATED TO THE BUG YOU SWATTED OFF YOUR ARM LAST WEEK! HEATHER - YOU JUST DON'T HAVE CANCER OR WNV - I PROMISE. SYMPTOMS OF WNV USUALLY ARE JUST A MILD HEADACHE AND POSSIBLE FEVER (AND REMEMBER THAT IS JUST THE 1 IN 100 OF INFECTED PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY GET ANY SYMPTOMS), AND IN THE ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO - VIRAL MENINGITIS AND SOMETHING HORRIBLE LIKE THIS MAN HAD. BUT EVEN HIS CASE IS A HUGE RARITY EVEN FOR WNV. IF I WAS STUDIOUS, I WOULD WRITE THIS CASE UP, BUT I AM NOT. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE NO ACTUAL CURES FOR WNV, DON'T PANIC - YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE OK!!!!
RUSTY

2 comments:

Jon and Sally said...

Um...I don't think I'll go outside again except to get into the car to go to the hospital. My baby told me that he doesn't want West Nile.

Dr. Rusty may be a super hero (according to the Hendricks), but I want to hear what he says about fixing this!
Sally.

Hendrick Family said...

Ah man...and I already bought one of these hats and a shirt with shoe strings in it...now what am I going to do with them?